POSTPONED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS SITUATION – NEW DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
If you are aged 18-39, come join our first PERUVIAN ADVENTURE, from 9-16 June 2020.
Meet young Jews from all over the world, in this limited opportunity – ONLY 90 PLACES AVAILABLE:
During this trip you will…
– Experience stunning scenery including Rainforest, Rainbow Mountains and Inca ruins.
– Visit 3 cities – Iquitos in the heart of the Amazon, Lima the stylish Peruvian capital and Cusco, high up in the Andes mountains
– Celebrate a traditional Shabbat thousands of miles from home with other fun young Jews
– Expand your knowledge in mind-provoking interactive discussions
– Make new friends in the “Land of the Incas”.
The event includes…
– Tours and visits of the Rainforest in Iquitos, city in Lima and scenic Cusco region
– Full Glatt Kosher meals from lunch on 9th June until lunch on 16th June
– 3 Deluxe and comfortable hotels
– Connecting flight and transfer between Iquitos, Lima and Cusco.
For detailed event specific information (e.g. Vaccinations / Visas / Cusco, etc), please check the option tab “Peru Details”.
POSTPONED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS – NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
To attend the event, you must purchase an event ticket as per the package rates given below. Please note that you must be a registered on this ECJS website as an Associate member (free account) to purchase tickets to this event. Not registered on our new ECJS website? Become a member now!
NOTE:If you are outside of the normal ECJS age group (18-35), but still eligible for this event (35-39), we will activate your account only until after the Peru event. In this way you can proceed to take a ticket for the event.
All prices are per person.
Here is a brief description of room types:
Single = 1 big bed for 1 person
Double (per person) = 1 big bed to share. Extra 70 Euros charge to guarantee 2 beds (twin). Actual Cost Twins guarantee 2 actual beds.
OBLIGATORY INTERNAL FLIGHTS (Iquitos to Lima + Lima to Cusco):
As well as the basic event ticket you must select the obligatory internal flights – which are 2 flights that include 1 x cabin bag (8kg – 55cm x 35cm x 22cm) + 1 x 20kg suitcase. The price is currently set at € 200 for the 2 flights but this may increase as demand for the flights increase or if you do not send us your Passport photo page within 24 hours of completing the event payment and us sending your confirmation.
For after the event once you are confirmed we will advise you the hotel to make your own extension booking.
For before the event in Iquitos we offer a limited amount of extra nights in our hotel at the following prices per person extra night. If there is no availability in our hotel we can suggest nearby hotels a few minutes away from our hotel:
Single Room = € 110
Twin Room (per person) = € 55
SUBSIDISED PACKAGES – Please note these are special sponsored subsidised prices. Special Earlybird Offer period ends at 23:59 Belgium Time on 23rd February 2020.
ACTUAL COST PACKAGES – These are the actual real cost of the event per person without any sponsor subsidy.
Tue-Tue / Subsidised Double (18-30)
Tue-Tue / Subsidised Double (31-39)
Tue-Tue/ Subsidised Single (18-39)
Tue-Tue / Actual Cost Twin
Tue-Tue / Actual Cost Single
DAY 1 Highlights – Tuesday
12:00 - Iquitos city tour
Welcome Group Dinner
DAY 2 Highlights – Wednesday
Bahia Full Day Tour
DAY 3 Highlights – Thursday
Amazon Rainforest Tour
Flight to Lima
Group Dinner in Lima
DAY 4 Highlights – Friday
Lima City Tour
DAY 5 Highlights – Shabbat in Lima
Relax & Enjoy
DAY 6 Highlights – Sunday
Flight to Cusco
Cusco City Tour
Group Dinner in Cusco
DAY 7 Highlights – Monday
Mollepata, Soraypampa and Humantay Lagoon Tours
Group Dinner and evening activity
Group Dinner in Cusco
DAY 8 Highlights – Tuesday
Rainbow Mountains Tour
17:00 - Group Goodbye at hotel
OPTIONAL EXTENSION – 16-18 June
Machu Picchu - Book yourself
The best flight options are to fly in and out from Lima as this is the only main International airport. Other airports tend to only have very limited South America connections.
The event will start on 9th June at 12:00pm in Iquitos, the capital of the Peruvian Amazon. Linked to the outside world by air and by river, Iquitos is the world’s largest city that cannot be reached by road. It’s a prosperous, vibrant jungle metropolis and the northern Amazon Basin’s chief city, teeming with the usual, inexplicably addictive Amazonian anomalies. Unadulterated jungle encroaches beyond town in view of the air-conditioned, elegant restaurants that flank the riverside; motorized tricycles whiz manically through the streets yet mud huts mingle with magnificent tiled mansions.
From Iquitos we will explore the Peruvian capital and enjoy Shabbat relaxing there.
After Cairo, this sprawling metropolis is the second-driest world capital, rising above a long coastline of crumbling cliffs. To enjoy it, climb on the wave of chaos that spans high-rise condos built alongside pre-Columbian temples and fast Pacific breakers rolling toward noisy traffic snarl-ups. Think one part southern Cali doused with a heavy dose of America Latina.
The undisputed archaeological capital of the Americas, Cuzco is the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city and the gateway to Machu Picchu. Cosmopolitan Cuzco (also Cusco, or Qosq’o in Quechua) thrives with a measure of contradiction. Ornate cathedrals squat over Inca temples, massage hawkers ply the narrow cobblestone passages, a rural Andean woman feeds bottled water to her pet llama while the finest boutiques sell pricey alpaca knits.
NOTE: The event will not include Machu Picchu, but for those who wish there is a suggested extension to include it. Please check out the PERU DETAILS option tab for more information.
- Iquitos Hotel (Extra nights available before): This charming hotel overlooks the Amazon River. All guest rooms are bright and modern with air conditioning, complimentary WiFi, a flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, work desk and laptop-sized safe.
- Lima Hotel: The hotel offers guests an upscale stay in Peru’s capital city – being ideally situated in the heart and soul of Peru’s capital city. The hotel is within walking distance of Lima’s many landmarks, cafes, restaurants, and world-class stores.
- Cusco Hotel: The hotel is located just a few blocks from the main square and was recently renovated to offer an atmosphere of warmth, modernity and tranquility that characterizes this city. For extra nights after the event, once you have booked the event we will send you the hotel information for you to privately extend your stay.
The event will start at 12:00pm in IQUITOS and finish at 5:00pm on 16th June 2020 in CUSCO. However, for flights we recommend to book from Europe / USA / Israel etc to Lima and then to book local flights to Iquitos and back from Cusco.
It is entirely your choice which vaccinations to take, and we always recommend to take the advice of your own doctor. However, our suggested advice is as so (based on various European health authorities advice).
- General Vaccinations: We recommend to make sure you have valid Tetanus and Hepatitis A vaccines.
- Other Possible Vaccinations: On your own choice you can have Diptheria, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Typhoid and Yellow Fever. NOTE: No Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is required for Peru.
- Malaria Tablets: Both Lima and Cusco normally do not require malaria tablets / immunisation. Iquitos is more of a High Risk Malaria region, so anti-malarials may be advised and we recommend travellers should practice basic mosquito bite avoidance. This is mainly through covering up with clothing such as long sleeves and long trousers, especially after sunset, and using insect repellents on exposed skin.
As long as you are staying less than 90 days the majority of citizens do not need a Visa for Peru (EU countries / UK / USA / Israel / South Africa / Australia).
CUSCO – ALTITUDE SICKNESS:
Cusco is 3400m above sea level (11,152ft) – approximately twice the height of most ski resorts in the European Alps. Therefore, sometimes people can suffer Altitude Sickness. Do not worry, there are various ways to prevent such issues:
- Take 1 x 250mg Diomox up to 3 days before flying and on arrival in Cusco take another Diomox.
- Drink Coca leaf tea on arrival in Cusco and it is widely available at most bars, cafes and hotels.
- Optional – Bring Chlorophyll drops and buy Oxishot in Cusco.
Do not worry if you are suffering from such sickness – every hotel by law has access to oxygen, as well as many public places and bars / restaurants / shops. Normally medical treatment is not required except in an emergency.
Although the event will finish in the early evening of 16th June, We can recommend and the following for people to extend their stay and visit Machu Picchu (on Wednesday 17th June).
- Accommodation – Once booked on the event we will give you the name of the hotel in Cusco so you can book extra nights (Tuesday / Wednesday etc yourself to extend your stay in the same hotel).
- Machu Picchu – We recommend to buy your own ticket in advance for the Ruins as they only let in at each time slot of the day a limited amount of people – and it is high season. The official website to book Machu Picchu tickets is: https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/inicio
- Journey to and from Machu Picchu : The easiest way to reach Machu Picchu is to take the train to AGUAS CALIENTES and either take the local 20 minute bus up to the site, or otherwise walk up the mountain (90-120 minutes walk). For the train there are a number of options, either a 3hr25 train from Poroy (20 minutes Uber from Cusco) or 4hrs20 minutes train from Cusco. Here are the train websites to book (both are similar style trains) and you SHOULD BOOK YOUR TRAIN EARLY BEFORE THEY FILL UP :
- Four-Star deluxe Accommodation
- Free WiFi Internet Access in all rooms and public areas.
- General Room facilities
- Free access to pool and optional treatment center (treatments/ activities may cost extra)
- Kosher meals
- Entertainment and workshops
- Organised transport for official trip tours and visits.
- Single 1 way internal flights from Iquitos to Lima and Lima to Cusco.
- For the internal flights: 1 x 20kg suitcase under plane and 1 x cabin bag (55cm x 35cm x 25cm) with a maximum of 8kg load. Anything bigger and heavier (even 1-2 cm) will be charged by the airline directly to the participant to put under the planes.
- General room service
- Optional Parking (charged by the hotel directly to each individual)
Participants will NOT be provided with
- Luxury items (alcoholic beverages besides Friday night, etc)
- Additional room service (washing, dry cleaning, etc)
- Health and other travel insurance or medical necessities.
- Flights to or from Peru or flights to Iquitos or back from Cusco.
- Shuttle transfers to / from airports or train stations
- Every participant should ensure that their personal insurance covers medical expenses during their stay.
- ECJS & JEP does not take responsibility for missing of event flights or if you are “over-weight” with your suitcase / have excess baggage. It is your responsibility to cover such costs.
- In Cusco, ECJS & JEP will help with any situation as a result of Altitude Sickness – as far as practically possible. It is your responsibility to make sure you have relevant insurance or medical preparation for high altitude travel.
- ECJS & JEP does not take responsibility for damages done by participants (in hotel, buses and other locations). Participants are legally responsible for any damage they cause.
- Participant must notify ECJS & JEP in advance of any illnesseses, allergies or medications they are on if there is any risk of any possible side effects or reactions that ECJS & JEP should be aware of. It is the participants own responsibility to ensure they prevent such reactions / side effects taking place as much as realistically possible, and JEP does not take any responsibility for any medical care / treatment or incidents that may happen due to a participants failure to adhere to their personal medical responsibilities.
- By completing an event or membership registration form, the applicant gives full permission for ECJS & JEP staff, or affiliated representatives on ECJS & JEP’s behalf, to take appropriate related photographs of the applicant during an event (or pre/post event days), which may be used in any ECJS & JEP related material (e.g. marketing or supplied to sponsors), at the decision of the ECJS & JEP office.
- Any participant may be charged the full cost of the event and sent home during the program if fraudulent information was provided on the registration form for the event or ECJS & JEP member/associate form.
- ECJS & JEP holds the right at any time to cancel your participation if you fail to fulfill any demands or requirements of the program. In this situation the amount of refunds are at the full discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff.
Ticket Booking Confirmation
ECJS & JEP only confirms and guarantees the booking once event tickets have been purchased, approved and payment, alongside copy of the participant’s valid for event dates passport photo page, are received and approved by the ECJS & JEP office. This is also on the basis that the participant provides a copy of his Passport for security and the information supplied on the registration form is correct. Until then, ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for your commitment to the event and until passport is received has the right to request further payment, if the price of internal flights increase. Therefore ECJS & JEP does not advise you to book your flights / travel arrangements, until you receive your confirmation from the ECJS & JEP office as before this time ECJS & JEP does not guarantee you a place to participate in the event.
ECJS & JEP does its best to adhere to all specific room and event requests (such as room sharing preferences). However, in certain circumstances this may not be possible. In this situation the participant consents to the full authority of ECJS & JEP to make any changes necessary.
Participants must prove financial situation warranting discount. A copy of a valid passport and/or references are required. Documents and/or letter outlining your request with contact details of either a Rabbi or Jewish community organization who can vouch for your limited finances should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
If you are awarded a further “extra” discount to the advertised prices we ask that you try your best to attend every session of our program, especially the workshops and lectures, to reflect your appreciation of this donation. A thank you letter about your experiences at the event is required for our sponsors within 2 weeks following the event.
Limited availability. Discounts will be granted solely at the discretion of JEP and its partners and special offer discounts are only valid on main event dates and exclude extra costs such as extra nights/membership fee etc.
Special Discount Offer and Early-bird Offer Period End-Date
This is the date all registration and payments must be RECEIVED by the ECJS & JEP office. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers, and ECJS & JEP hold the full right to charge non-offer price if they believe this is not the case. As ECJS & JEP is non-profit there is only limited offer period price tickets available, so if demand is exceptionally high it is the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office to change the offer period date.
Group Organiser or other Special Offers
These are only applicable to you as an individual and do not apply to any other participants, for example a discount in a 2 person room is a discount on your participation rate and not for the other person sharing the room. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers.
You may cancel your registration until 07 April 2020, and ECJS and JEP pledges to fully refund you the event payment minus €30 administration processing fee and the internal flight fees (as these are non-refundable bookings), and bank transfer fees when applicable.
If you cancel after 07 April 2020, and we are able to find a replacement, you will be refunded the event payment minus 30% and minus the internal flight fees (as these are non-refundable bookings) and bank transfer fees when applicable, until 5 May 2020. All cancellations after 5 May 2020 will get no refund even for a medical emergency. We will do our best to replace your spot once we have sold out the event for cancellations between 07 April and 05 May 2020. The reason for this deduction is due to the risk we are taking, the longer administration process involved in changing your booking, and often involves more time and expensive phone calls trying to find a replacement.
After the deadline date, ECJS & JEP is NOT obliged to reimburse anyone for any reason whatsoever. Reimbursement will not be given even for a medical emergency. ECJS & JEP will have already booked, ordered and paid for everything for you by this late date. We will not be able to receive refunds for any of these purchases. Please understand that ECJS & JEP is a non-profit organization. We invest over €200 for each member to attend this event beyond the member fee that was paid. With your cancellation we lose this investment as well.
This is our cancellation policy and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. You agree that by submitting any event registration form or “ticket” via our website, you thereby acknowledge that you have read and understand this permission agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.